Friday, October 3, 2014

Taking the First Step in the Rest of My Life!

Welcome to all!  I've decided to make a second blog, following my weightloss and Beachbody journey.

A little background into my journey.  I was always pretty thin growing up.  I had hit a rough patch my senior year in high school, so severe that at graduation I didn't even weigh 100 pounds.  I gradually gained weight in college and years after high school, and was at a healthy weight.  I got pregnant at 25 and gained so much water weight!  I lost most of it after the birth of my 4 year old but there was still lingering baby weight.  I had a c-section and those tend to leave some belly overhang (as lovely as that sounds!), but I was close to my prepregnancy weight.

As time went on, life got more stressful.  2012 was a tough TOUGH year for my family;  two car accidents that lead to the death of 4 family members, an accident that cost my husband his finger, and countless little things; the weight just piled on.  I tend to be a stress eater now, and I lost the desire to workout and eat right.

In 2013, I watched my husband get his workout groove back and decided I was ready again!  I worked out on my own, worked out with my husbands trainer.  He put me on some crazy warrior diet, and it was IMPOSSIBLE.  Especially considering I was just starting out again!  A few months into working with Henry, I wasn't losing any weight!  I was unaware of measurements, so I had no way to tell if I was losing anything.  Without confirmation of weight loss I was getting really frustrated and was ready to give up.  And then we found out I was pregnant again.

I kept working out, but lightly.  I knew working out to lose weight was out of the question, but I wanted to be in shape at least.

And a month or so later, I miscarried.  It all went down the drain; I gave up on everything.

And now, just over a month later, I'm done with giving up!  I'm sick of starting over.  I think, "If I hadn't given up last time, I would be a year into my journey and who knows what success I would have had?!"  So this time it's real!

And I want you on my journey with me!  So who's in?!

No comments:

Post a Comment